Manual Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130

60 pages 3.58 mb
Download

Go to site of 60

Summary
  • Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 1

I{IIGOM PRIPORTVT2130 OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS Ill p’ RICOH COMPANY, LTD. ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 2

Note to users in the United States of America This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference when the equipment is operated in a commercial environment. This equipment genera ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 3

INTRODUCTION The Ricoh Priport VT2130 is a stencil duplicator which is carefully manufactured to exacting standards of high performance. This manual contains detailed instructions on the operation and care of the Priport VT21 30. To get the maximum versatility from this machine, all operators should read and follow the instructions in this manual. ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 4

TABLE OF CONTENTS GUIDE TO COMPONENTS 1. Machine Exterior ........................ 2 2. Machine Interior .......................... 4 3. Operation Panel .......................... 6 INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS 1. Machine Environment ................. 8 2. Access to Machine .................. ...9 3. Power Connection ................... ...9 DO’S AN ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 5

GUIDE TO COMPONENTS 1. Machine Exterior A! 1111 b ‘% Q 12 3 1’ 5 / 6 /7 p– 8 9 ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 6

1. Top Unit 2. Original Guides 3. Original Table 4. Original Table Release Lever 5. Feed Roller Pressure Lever 6. Separation Roller Pressure Lever 7. Paper Feed Side Plate 8. Paper Feed Table 9. Side Plate Fine Adjusting Dial 10. Front Door 11. Paper Delivery Table 12. Operation Panel 13. Original Tray Open to remove the misfed original. Adjust the ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 7

2. Machine Interior 19 ‘ 24 25 14 15 16 17 Ii= ’18 4 ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 8

14. Master Cut Button Press this button to cut the master paper lead- 15. Pressure Release Lever 16. Drum Rotation Button 17. Drum Unit 18. Ink Holder 19. Main Switch 20. Small Size Paper Delivery End Plate (for smaller than 81/2” x 1 l“) 21. Paper Delivery End Plate (for larger than 81/2” x 1 l“) 22. Paper Delivery Side Plate 23. Master Ej ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 9

3. Operation Panel 1 2 3 4 m r I A I t 1 1 (5 Auto Cycle OQ Lower Cornblne 2 originals Q%=% IO(I 93 75 64 (0000) 1. Reset Key 2. Indicators 3. Auto Cycle Key 4. Reduction Key 5. Image Position Keys 6. Number Keys 7. Counter 8. Memory Display 9. Print Start Key 10. Master Making Key 11. Proof Key 18 17 16 Press to reset error indicators. Light or bl ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 10

5 6 7 8 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 12. Stop Key Press to stop the machine operation. The machine will continue operation when the Print Start key or Master Making key is pressed. 13. Memory Key Use to select memory location number. (1 - 10) 14. Clear Key Press to change the number set in the counter. This key can be used only after the machine stops opera ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 11

INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS 1. Machine Environment The installation location should be carefully chosen because environmental conditions greatly affect the performance of a machine. I ml I - Optimum environmental conditions - ● ● ● ● ● Temperature: 10 – 30°c (50 - 86”F) Humidity: 20 – 90% RH Ventilation: Well-ventilated and wide room ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 12

2. Access to Machine Paper Del, very Table c than 60 cm” (23 7“) ~ Paper Feed Table 10 cm {4.0”) Place the machine near a power clearance as shown I source, providing 61 cm (24 O“) I to the left. + More than 70 cm (27 6“) ~ (23 7’,1 3. Power Connection I f . Connect the power source 120V, 50/60Hz power cord to a as follows. more than 5. ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 13

I DO’S AND DON’TS I - Operating Cautions - 1. While Printing : - Do not turn off the main switch. - Do not unplug the power cord. - Do not open the front cover. - Do not move the machine. 2. Keep corrosive liquids, such as acid, off the machine. 3. Do not allow paper clips, staples, or other small objects to fall inside the machine. 4. Always t ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 14

ORIGINALS You can use the following type of originals. - Thickness - Max Paper Feed Direction u —307 ““— (120”) Min 1 7 Paper Feed E: Direction _ :In -i 0’ --l J05 mm (4 2“) Max Min 132.5 g/rnz (35.2 lb) 42.1 glmz (11.1 lb) Cautions for original feeding. TO prevent an original misfeed or a machine malfunction, note the following cauti ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 15

How to make an original when printing a part of a large original Large original After printing 1! +15mm Iii 1. Make sure the leading edge margin is at least 15 mm (9/1 6“). Cut off excess paper .if necessary. 2. Cut the upper edge of the original to make the center line A of the image centered. 3. Suitable original is completed. 12 ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 16

I PRINTING PAPER I You can use the following types of paper as printing paper: Paper Feed Dlrectlon u Min 17 J“ E Paper Feed E ~ Dlrect!on u Y Avoid using the foliowing kinds . Roughly-cut paper . Paper of different thicknesses In the . Buckled or curled paper . Short grained paper . Low stiffness paper Cautions for postcards printing of Max 215 ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 17

OPERATION 1. Preparation for Printing 1. 2. Open the paper Adjust the paper feed match the paper size. carefully. plates to 3. Place the paper on the paper feed table. . Correct the paper curl before setting the paper. h b o x 4. Make sure that the paper feed side plates contact the paper lightly. 14 ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 18

r I 5. Open the paper delivery table. . Set the paper delivery table for the paper size, using the size scale on the table. I I I 1 6. Lift the paper delivery side plates and adjust them to the paper size. 7. If you want to use paper smaller than 81/2” x 11”, lift the small size paper delivery end plate. . When you use 11” x 17“ and 81/2” ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 19

2. Setting the Originals I 1 J 1. Adjust the original guides to the size of the original. 2. Insert the original face down on the original table until it stops. . Only one original can be set at a time. 3. Select the image Image Mode keys. . Use the line mode printed matter. mode using the when the original is . Use the photo mode when the original ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 20

3. Printina 1 If -4[ ■ 1 I I 1. Enter the number of prints required using the Number keys. . Up to 9999 prints can be entered at one time. . To change the number entered, press the Clear key and then enter the new number. 2. Press the Master Making key. ● The original is fed, and the trial print is delivered to the paper delivery table. Check t ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 21

4. Restoring Paper Feed and Paper Delivery Tabies 1 1 kill I 1. Remove the paper from the paper feed table. . The paper feed table will lower automat- ically. 2. Return the paper feed table to its original position. 3. Return the small size paper delivery end plate to its original position 4. Return the paper delivery side plates to their original ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 22

5. Adjusting the Image Position If the image position is not Correct, acfjust before you start printing. - Shifting the image position forward t 1 t I 1 1 L I - Shifting the image position backward 1. Press the left Image Position key. ● When you shift the image forwards, leave a margin (more than 10 mm/O.40”) at the leading edge. 2. Press the ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 23

- Shifting the image to the right m~m — __ ._ __ .- _ - Shifting the image to the left I II ( 1. 2. 3. 1. 2. 3. Press the Lower Paper Feed Table key. Turn the side plate fine adjusting dial as shown in the illustration. . You can shift the image position up to 10 mm from the center. Each division on the scale is 2 mm. Press the Proof key. Check t ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 24

6. Changing the Paper Size 1. Remove the paper from the paper feed table. . The paper feed tray will lower automati- cally. 2. Adjust the paper feed side plates to match the paper size. 3. Place the paper on the paper feed table. . Correct the paper curl before setting the paper. !!!!!!s o b x 4. Adjust the paper delivery side plates and the paper ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 25

7. Printing on Thick or Thin Paper When you make prints on thick or thin paper, do the following steps. - Printing on thick paper 1. Push down the feed roller pressure lever. . Thick paper : 132.5 to 215 g/m2 (35.2 to 57 lb) . In the case of paper smaller than S1/2’’x8l/2° and heavier than 132.5 g/m2 (35.2 lb), move the feed roller pressure le ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 26

8. Printing on Postcard Size Paper ● AS postcards do not absorb ink well, offset images may appear on the rear side of following prints. TO avoid th~, reduce the printing speed and place a sheet of paper on top of each printed postcard. - Postcard size original 1. — Place the postcard sized paper on the I I 2. 3. 4. paper feed table. ● Make s ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 27

9. Various Originals If you want to make prints using a light or dark original, change the printing density using the printing density select switch. Light image originals – Change the printing density to a darker setting Heavy image originals – Change the printing density to a lighter setting NOTE: . Make sure that the printing density select ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 28

10. Changing the Printing Speed Use the Speed key to adjust the rotation Speed of the machine . according to the image densfiy and 1. printing paper. Press the Speed key. To increase speed, press the “ F E “ key. To reduce speed, press the “ ● “ key. The printing speed will be changed as fol- lows: Step 1 60 sheets/rein Step 2 75 sheets/r ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 29

11. To Stop the Machine During a Printing Run [f you want to stop the machine during a print run and print the next - original, do the following procedure. 1. Press the Stop key. 2. Set the new original. 3. Re-enter the number of prints and press the Master Making key. If you want to change the number of prints entered or to check the completed pri ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 30

12. Changing the Drum Unit for Color Printing Color drum units Type VT2000-LG (red, blue, green, and brown) are available as options in addition to the standard black. For making color prints, a separate drum unit is necessary for each color. 1. Open the front door. ● Make sure that the lamp of the drum rota- tion button lights. If this lamp is n ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 31

~ Insert the color drum unit alona the guide rail. w-— 6. 7. Slide in the drum unit until the drum unit locks securely. Close the front door. . Make sure that the Cover Open indicator turns off, and the Color Drum indicator lights. . If the Cover Open indicator does not turn off, check that the drum unit is set correct- ly. 28 ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 32

13. Printing in Two Colors After printing in black, you can print in color on the same side of the print. ● ● You cannot print in two colors at one time. Leave the printed paper for a while before secondary printing, in order to dry the ink on the printed paper. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Prepare the two originals. Set the first original on the or ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 33

SPECIAL FUNCTIONS t 1. Group Printing from the Same Original Use the Memory key to make sets of prints from the same original. A different number of prints can be made for each set. ● The optional tape dispenser automatically feeds out strips of paper which separate the printing groups on the paper delivery table. L.—F--L--I ~ ‘n Ii==! Ir-11= ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 34

6. Press the Memory key again. The Memory returns to Memory 1. . You only need to press the Memory key again if you have stored the print quantity for less than 10 sets. The Memory auto- matically returns 10th set is stored 7. Set the original original table. to Memory 1 after the in Memory. face down on the I I 8.Turn on the power switch of the op ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 35

2. Combine 2 Oriainals YOU can print 2 separate Originals m a single sheet of paper. Original (A) El AB+ Orlglnal(A) El A+ Onglnal (face side) El A + Original (B) CD Orlglnal(A) E! A Orlglnal (reverse side) El B Print t 1 . .. ........... ......... ... . J Print n AB , I ● if you print 81/2” x 11” originals on one sheet of paper, set the redu ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 36

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Set the first original face down and with the top toward the operating side. ● The first original fed will be printed on the leading part of print. Enter the number of prints using the Number keys. Check the print paper size. Press the Combine 2 Originals key. . The indicator of the Combine 2 Originals key will light. Pres ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 37

3. Various Run Lengths Using the Same Master f Ill I I I !lm ~(m, [i] Prcd Pr,”t start 19ci 1. Set one original on the original table. 2. Enter the number of prints for the first run using the Number keys. 3. Press the Master making key. Check the image position of trial prints. (See page 19 to 20.) 4. Press the Print Start key. 5. Remove the pri ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 38

4. Photo Mode Printing When printing a photograph or a color original, select Photo Mode. Original . Striped patterns may . When using originals Photo mode Line mode occur when meshed originals are printed. with letters and photos, the image of the letters will be light. l— 1( I 3 11 I 1. Press the Image Mode key to select Photo mode. 2, Press th ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 39

REPLENISHING SUPPLIES 1. Loadina Pa~er 1. Press the Stop key. . This step is necessary only if you want pause a print run to replenish paper. 2. Press the Lower Paper Feed Table key. ● The paper feed table will lower automat- ically when the printing paper runs out. ● When the paper feed table lowers, the top sheet may remain between the feed r ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 40

2. Supplying Ink — 1. Open the front door. 2. Lower the ink holder and remove the used ink cartridge. 3. Remove the cap of the new ink cartridge and insert the new cartridge into the ink holder. Return the ink holder to its original position. r I I , . Do not remove the seal [A]. . Supply the same color ink. 4. Close the front door. 5. Press the ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 41

3. Master Roll Replacement I 1. Open the original table. ● Lift the original table release lever and slide the original table to the “ Y “ mark. 2. Lift the pressure release lever in the direction of the arrow to release the feed roller pressure. 3. Remove the used master roll and pull out both spools. Thenj insert both spools into a new mast ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 42

/ / 5. Insert the leading edge of the master roll under the pressure roller. (1) 6. Return the pressure release lever to its original position. (2) ● Rotate the spools backward to take up all slack in the master paper. 7. Press the master cut button to cut the leading edge of the master roll. I Warning: When the master cut button is pressed, the ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 43

MAINTENANCE 1. Thermal Head Cleaning Clean the thermal head when 2 master rolls have been used. I I I 1. Turn off the main switch. 2. Open the original table. (See page 38.) 3. Move the pressure release lever in the direction of the arrow. (See page 38.) 4. Loosen the screw knobs located on both sides of the feed roller. 5. Grip both ends of the fe ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 44

2. Platen Cover / Exposure Glass To maintain a high copy quality, clean the following sections regularly. Platen cover I 7 rli / / Exposure ~ Glass 1. Platen Cover / Exposure Glass . Clean the platen cover and the exposure glass with a soft cloth and a commercial glass cleaner. . Be careful not to touch the detect switch (white). 41 ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 45

I TROUBLESHOOTING I 1. Indicators [f a malfunction or a misfeed occurs within the machine, the following indicators will light. - Check the misfeed or malfunction location. If a service code representative. Open the top unit cover, remove original and reset. (See page 43.) Remove the jammed paper and press the Reset key. (See page 44.) Remove the j ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 46

2. When the Misfeed (~) Indicator Lights 1. Open the top unit and pull out the original. k f- 1 Z. Close the top unit. Press the Reset key. 3. 4. Reset the original. Press the Master Making key. prevent original misfeeds: ● Thin original + Make a copy ● Thick original + Make a copy ● Paste-up original + Make a copy ● Folded or damaged origi ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 47

When a sheet of paper is misfed: When two or misfed: more sheets are Remove the misfed paper. Remove the misfed sheets. 1. -1 1 1. 2. If the feed roller pres- sure lever is in the standard position, set it in the thick paper position. If the feed roller pressure lever is in the thick paper posi- tion set it in the standard position. 3. 3. Release t ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 48

1. 2. 3. Slide the original table to the left while pull- ing up original table release lever. Remove the misfed ~ master. PI Slide the original table to the original position. * + If you could not remove the misfed master in step 2, take out the drum and remove the misfed master from inside. (See page 27 and 28.) I 5. 6. I I 7. 8. Open the top ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 49

lb . ———— _ I 1. 2. 3. Push the master eject unit open button and open the master eject unit. Remove the misfed paper. When paper is com- pletely wrapped around the drum, pull out the drum unit until the drum hits the drum stopper, and remove the misfed paper from the drum. 4. 5. 6 7. Close the front cover and the master eject unit. Prints ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 50

c Misfeed in paper feed section . Paper is wrapped around the drum. Slowly but firmly pull out the paper. . When the misfed ~a~er is underneath the drum. (Difficult to remov~ th’e paper from the paper feed section.) When paper is com- pletely wrapped around the drum, pull out the drum unit until the drum hits the drum stop- per, and remove the pa ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 51

1. 2. 3. Open the master eject container cover and remove the master eject box. Remove the misfed master from master eject section. Reinstall the master eject box and close the master eject con- tainer cover. 4. Press the Reset key. 5. Press the Print Start key. . When the master eject box is full, remove the used masters from the box. 1. 2. 3. Ope ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 52

3. When the Supply/Exchange (fi) Indicator Lights 1. 2. Set the original. Input the number of pfints using the Num- ber keys, 3. Press the Master Making key. 1. Load paper on the 2. paper feed table. (See page 36.) When the paper end occurs during a printing run, press the Print Start key again to resume printing. 1. Slide the original table to the ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 53

1. 2. ● ● Open the front cover and replace the ink cartridge. (Refer to page 37 for the details.) Press the Reset key. Ink is supplied to the drum. Press the Reset kev again if the add ink in- dicator does not turn off . 3. When the add ink indicator blinks during repeat print- ing, press the Print Start key again to resume printing. . When the ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 54

4. Other Indicators Light Make sure that the following covers/units are closed. 1. Original Table 2. Front Cover 3. Master Eject Unit 4. Drum Unit 5. Paper Feed Table (Make sure that the paper feed table should be open Insert the key counter. When an error code (E-01 - E-08) is displayed, contact your service representative. 51 ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 55

5. Poor Printina 1. 2. Remove the drum unit. (Refer to page 27 to 28 for details.) Clean the pressure roller with a clean cloth. 3. Clean the drum with a clean cloth. 4. Install the drum unit. (See page 27 to 28 for details.) Check following parts and clean them if necessary. 1) Platen cover (See page 41.) 2) Exposure glass (See page 41.) 3) Therma ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 56

Original White print incomplete print 1. Pull out the drum unit. 3. Remove the paper that is adhered to the drum. 2. Remove the master 4. from the drum. Set the original and press the Master Making key. Original 1. Pull out the drum and remove two masters. 2. Set the original and press the Master Making key. 53 ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 57

I MISCELLANEOUS I 1. Operating Cautions 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. If there is no blank area or a solid image area on the leading edge of the original, create a blank area because the paper may wrap around the drum or the paper eject pawl may become dirty and cause black line on prints. When the paper is curled, stack the paper with the curl face d ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 58

10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. When making duplex prints, misdetection of paper wrapping may occur because the paper delivery sensor detects the black area at the leading edge of the back side. Keep more than 10mm/O.4° blank area at the leading edge of the back side of the printing paper. Do not use the thermal head cleaner for anything but cleaning ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 59

SPECIFICATION 1 Configuration: Master Processing: Printing Process: Original Type: Image Mode: Color Printing: Master Feed/Eject: Original Size: Paper Size: Paper Weight: Printing Area: Reproduction Ratio: Printing Speed: Paper Feed Table Capacity: Paper Delivery Table Capacity: Power Source: Power Consumption: Dimensions (W XDXH): Desk top Digital ...

• Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - page 60

120V version: 100 kg (220.4 lb) Optional Equipment: Consumables: Color drum unit type VT2000-LG (red, blue, green, and brown) Key counter Tape marker type 20 Name Size Remarks Priport Master 125m(41 O ft)/roll 250 masters can be made Vr-s 2 Rolls/case per one roll. Storage: 0- 40°c, 10- 95$ZORH Priport Ink-Black 500 cc/pack 5 packsl case Priport I ...

Manufacturer Ricoh Category All in One Printer

Documents that we receive from a manufacturer of a Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 can be divided into several groups. They are, among others:
- Ricoh technical drawings
- PRIPORT VT2130 manuals
- Ricoh product data sheets
- information booklets
- or energy labels Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130
All of them are important, but the most important information from the point of view of use of the device are in the user manual Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130.

A group of documents referred to as user manuals is also divided into more specific types, such as: Installation manuals Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130, service manual, brief instructions and user manuals Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130. Depending on your needs, you should look for the document you need. In our website you can view the most popular manual of the product Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130.

Similar manuals

A complete manual for the device Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130, how should it look like?
A manual, also referred to as a user manual, or simply "instructions" is a technical document designed to assist in the use Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 by users. Manuals are usually written by a technical writer, but in a language understandable to all users of Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130.

A complete Ricoh manual, should contain several basic components. Some of them are less important, such as: cover / title page or copyright page. However, the remaining part should provide us with information that is important from the point of view of the user.

1. Preface and tips on how to use the manual Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - At the beginning of each manual we should find clues about how to use the guidelines. It should include information about the location of the Contents of the Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130, FAQ or common problems, i.e. places that are most often searched by users in each manual
2. Contents - index of all tips concerning the Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130, that we can find in the current document
3. Tips how to use the basic functions of the device Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 - which should help us in our first steps of using Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130
4. Troubleshooting - systematic sequence of activities that will help us diagnose and subsequently solve the most important problems with Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130
5. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
6. Contact detailsInformation about where to look for contact to the manufacturer/service of Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 in a specific country, if it was not possible to solve the problem on our own.

Do you have a question concerning Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130?

Use the form below

If you did not solve your problem by using a manual Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130, ask a question using the form below. If a user had a similar problem with Ricoh PRIPORT VT2130 it is likely that he will want to share the way to solve it.

Copy the text from the picture

Comments (0)